Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: RE-INTRODUCING!!: Made a doll change

  1. #1
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Re-introducing my renamed Addy - Alice Walker Robinson. Alice is named after a famous AA author and the first AA to play professional baseball. She sometimes wears glasses, is a little bit old-fashioned (enough so that she can wear Addy's clothing and get away with it). She's definitely a Southern girl and loves fried green tomatoes!!

    AliceWalkerRobinson

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is very cute! I love the name you picked out for her. [img]smile.gif[/img] And her story sounds very interesting. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    As a side note, I was looking at your album of your dolls vacations and I just wanted to say I loved it! Especially the picture of #24 near the waterfall. Very beautiful and life-like! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Edited for spelling.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 02, 2006 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Gombe Gal ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One word: AWESOME!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    cool! I really like Alice Walker and Addy looks beautiful.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alice Walker is a great author! Does your girl like to write, too?

  6. #6
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Does your girl like to write, too?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, Laura, I think Alice is more reflective so she'd probably be a poet more so than a writer (so, yes, a writer of sorts).

  7. #7
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    Whoa!...Excellent! How neat! I absolutely love that you are interjecting a positive AA History line with your dollie rather than Addy from "slave days". While slavery was a part of American History, it is not the only part of AA American History.

    I applaud you...GOOD JOB!and appreciated! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 02, 2006 06:08 PM: Message edited by: prasnlrd ]</font>

  8. #8
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Prasnlrd, my friend at work is planning to get an AA AG for her daughter but refuses to get Addy for that reason. She says she don't want no slave doll. I just adore Addy because of her stories, though. Makes me want to just hug her and kiss her to pieces.

  9. #9
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    Originally posted by Ashley's Mommy:
    Prasnlrd, my friend at work is planning to get an AA AG for her daughter but refuses to get Addy for that reason. She says she don't want no slave doll. I just adore Addy because of her stories, though. Makes me want to just hug her and kiss her to pieces.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh do not get me wrong! I love Addy, her story, and have all her books. That part of US History cannot be forgotten either. I do not see her as a "Slave" doll either. Her story does not dwell as much on slavery as it does on her new found freedom.

    This is just the Only/One AA doll from the a whole historical line of dolls. Black History in the US cannot be summed up in just this one period of time.

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member marisol05's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2005
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nancy, I had noticed in your new sig in another post that she was no longer "Miss Addy" and was wondering what made you changed her name. I love her new name and the reason behind it. I also absolutely love the way you photograph your girls in your signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •